We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip itinerary - help

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Trip itinerary - help

My partner and I are going to the UK in the summer for 3 weeks. I have family in Newry that I need to visit for 4-5 days so that's a must. Other "musts" are Manchester to see a Man U game and Belfast to see family.

This is what I'm thinking right now:

Day 1 - Belfast

Day 2 - Belfast

Days 3-7 - Newry

Day 8 - Galway

Day 9 - Galway

Day 10 - Galway, travel to Cork in the afternoon

Day 11 - Cork

Day 12 - Ring of Kerry

Day 13 - Fly to London

Day 14 - London

Day 15 - London

Day 16 - Bath

Day 17 - Bath

Day 18 - Manchester

Day 19 - Manchester

Day 20 - Fly to Edinburgh

Day 21 - Edinburgh

Day 22 - Glasgow

Day 23 - Glasgow

I guess I have a few questions.

Is the Ring of Kerry a must see for someone travelling over there for the first time? I've read a lot about Dingle as well and many say it's nicer.

Any recommendations?

Are there any cities I need more or less time in? I know it's a fast-moving trip in general but any advice would be appreciated.

And lastly, I'm wondering about Bath. Should I see a different city instead? Is there a nice quaint town between London and Manchester that might be nice to visit. Wanted to do Cornwall/Devon but it seems travel there may be a bit tricky. Also considered Cardiff. Thoughs?

Thanks for your help!

Bath
Level Contributor
185 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip itinerary - help

"Am thinking maybe the Cotswolds instead of Bath."

Actually, Bath is technically still in the Cotswolds (the Cotswold Way long-distance footpath ends here), although I agree that most people refer to the part north of the M4 motorway when they talk about the Cotswolds.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip itinerary - help

I think it would be a pity to miss out Bath as your husband is keen on history. You won't be seeing anything like the Roman baths anywhere else on your travels..

13. Re: Trip itinerary - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 14, 2013