We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near woburn safari park

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near woburn safari park

We are hoping to go to bath then go to woburn safari park, any recommendations from anyone?

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Did you consider, and reject, Longleat?

Woburn is a bit of a drive from Bath ( over in Bedfordshire). I'm not sure how many Bath forum readers would trek over there to see animals, so I would ask the question on another forum.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Do you mean Longleat by any chance ? rather nearer to Bath than Woburn.....

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Recommendations for what? What to wear, how to get there, what to eat and drink,?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,983 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Can't be important for the OP, otherwise they would have come back with a reply !

How about Horseworld in Whitchurch or even Bath City Farm in Twerton (that's the farm, not the football club!)

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Hi there, sorry it was Longleat I meant not Woburn, wrong area!!! I am after a recommendation for a decent hotel near Longleat.

Thanks for putting me right.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Ah, a lot simpler, or is it?

You don't mention a budget, so here goes with the caveat that I just have a Longleat season ticket and tend to grab lunch offsite so you'll need to plough through the reviews to check rooms. We allow about 45 minutes to get from Bath to Longleat

The closest places are going to be Centreparcs (last went there about 15 years) or the Bath Arms a pub with rooms at the end of the driveway (but it's one-way). I think it is very good at what it does (go check the website, but you might prefer a different menu). There are another couple of decent food pubs with rooms in the area but a bit further out. Our current favourite is the Prince Leopold out in Upton Lovell (in part influenced by the fact we can watch our young daughter napping in the car while we order lunch from the beer garden without waking her up).

If you are after a proper hotel with all the trimmings, then try Bishopstrow House in nearby Warminster. It was recently sold to a company connected to Longleat so I think there are details on the Longleat website. Since discovering (thank-you Tripadvisor forum) that Warminster has the cheapest petrol in the area (Morrisons and Esso in town, not the ring-road) we've noticed a few B&B's in Warminster itself too.

Frome is also quite close by (traditional market town). Try the Archangel

Otherwise there is a Travelodge at Beckington.

Hope this helps

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

Thanks for your quick reply, I will be looking into what you have suggested.

8. Re: hotels near woburn safari park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, June 19, 2013