We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Sunday Roast central Bath

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good Sunday Roast central Bath

I'm off to Bath for a weekend next weekend and wondered if anyone could recommend any pubs that do a good Sunday Roast, pref not too far from centre and station as have to get the train home at 2.30pm. Any recommendation welcome.

Thanks

Cathy

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

I would go to The Hop Pole. It is about 5 mins walk from centre, opposite bottom of Victoria Park. Sunday roasts consistently good, which is very rare. Good choice of beers. Roast is around £10. They serve from midday which would give you ample time to eat and catch train. My first and only choice in Bath!

www.bathales.com/our-pubs/pid/the-hop-pole

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

Thanks - sounds good. It's actually near where we're staying. Does it get very busy and would we need to book or could we just turn up?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

The earlier the better, wherever you go - if you have a train to catch then you want to start eating at 13.00 at the latest. I would allow at least 20 minutes to walk from the hop pole.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

I'm sure you'd be fine if you got there early, however, to be on safe side I'd book. You can eat in the pub or the seperate dining room. If the weather was unseasonably good they have a lovely outside dining area too.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

Resurrected this post from a few months back.

I have just slept off one of the magnificent lunches I have ever eaten, and this palace of wonder is 300 yards from my front door ! I refer to the recently re-opened Curfew on Cleveland Place, 7-8 minutes walk from the Guildhall. I had roast beef with an assortment of vegetables, all beautifully cooked, followed by an exquisite pumpkin cheesecake (and I am not usually a fan of pumpkin.

After never going in this pub in the 37 years I have lived in Bath, I will definitely be back.

On Thursday evenings they do pie and a pint for a tenner, I think I can guess where I will be this Thursday.....

http://www.the-curfew-dining-room.co.uk/

thisisbath.co.uk/Michelin-starred-chef-Rob-P…

Edited: 12:37 pm, November 25, 2012
6. Re: Good Sunday Roast central Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013