We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to spend 6 hours?

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to spend 6 hours?

We will be in Bath for Valentine's Day, any ideas on how to make the most of our short time here?

Should arrive by car around midday, check in and then free for the day.

A must-do is the Roman Baths.

Is it too cold to do the Thermae rooftop pool?

Other than that, very much open to suggestions but we do plan on having dinner about 8pm at a nice restaurant.

Not sure which, but the Yak Yeti Yak seems rather enticing with its Nepalese cuisine.

Mentioned in this post
The Roman Baths
The Roman Baths
18,292 Reviews
Bath, UK
Yak Yeti Yak
Yak Yeti Yak
1,321 Reviews
Bath, UK
Jc's kitchen
$, Filipino, Fast Food, Barbecue
LJ Hugs
$, Cajun & Creole, Fast Food
Sotto Sotto
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,026 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to spend 6 hours?

The Romnan Baths needs 90 minutes minimum to appreciate it properly. You might do the HOHO bus, as you have limited time, then stroll up to the Royal Crescent/ Circus area.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa
The Royal Crescent Hotel...
975 Reviews
Bath, UK
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,444 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to spend 6 hours?

You should also have time to see Pulteney Bridge. Walk over the bridge and on the right hand side there are steps that tke you down to the riverside by the weir. You can then walk along the river past the Rec (where Bath Rugby play) to the first bridge that you see and a climb the steps back up to road to North Parade.

Mentioned in this post
Pulteney Bridge
Pulteney Bridge
2,986 Reviews
Bath, UK
Bath
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to spend 6 hours?

I would happily reccomend Yak Yeti Yak. It's one of my favourite places to eat in Bath, especially if you want something a little different. A very warm, cosy atmosphere.

I also like the Eastern Eye if you're tempted by a more general Indian menu served in a very attractive, Georgian Bath style building with a grand, impressive feel.

Thermae Bath Spa would be an excellent choice for valentine's day, although it might require a lot of queing. Have a back up plan, in case you get there and decide the queue is too long. Find out an estimate before you start waiting.

I went there at a christmas time and had to queue for over an hour, but felt it was worth it. The water in the roof top pool is warm enough that you won't feel cold at all once you're in it. It's the temperature of a warm to luke warm bath. Getting in and out will be a little uncomfortable.

Apart from that it's just nice to walk around. There are some great little parks to seek out. I would make sure you walk past the cresent, the circus and around the river by pultney bridge as suggested.

Mentioned in this post
Yak Yeti Yak
Yak Yeti Yak
1,321 Reviews
Bath, UK
The Eastern Eye
The Eastern Eye
1,040 Reviews
Bath, UK
Thermae Bath Spa
Thermae Bath Spa
7,001 Reviews
Bath, UK
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to spend 6 hours?

Hi

I have just got home from a long weekend at the Welsh version of Centreparcs (Bluestone). Usually this would not be worthy of note, but we rarely got away with less than 90 minutes/day in the swimming pool which has an outdoor lazy river and water slides and jacuzzi. Still good fun, even in the rain.

There are no kids at the Thermae Spa and the water is warmer. There is also an indoor pool area (which I think I prefer) a couple of floors down and the steam rooms etc.

Yak Yeti Yak is a good option (aromatic rather than spicey). My veggie globetrotter friend thought the food similar to what she'd eaten in Nepal in case that is what attracted you.

I hope the weather is mild tomorrow

Mentioned in this post
Thermae Bath Spa
Thermae Bath Spa
7,001 Reviews
Bath, UK
Yak Yeti Yak
Yak Yeti Yak
1,321 Reviews
Bath, UK
5. Re: Best way to spend 6 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 am, June 11, 2013