We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise House Hotel

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
11 posts
Save Topic
Paradise House Hotel

I have just read the reviews for this hotel and am a little sceptical of all the praise it is receiving. Could it be possible that the owners or someone connected to the hotel is using tripadvisor ratings system to entice more customers?? what does everyone think??? I'm not sure whether to book a weekend there or not

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise House Hotel

I used the Tripadvisor ratings to book a room for my family and I decided to have some faith in my fellow travelers. Sometimes things can sound too good to be true and sometimes they turn out that way also.

I looked over the pictures and it looks like a beautiful place. I suppose that it is possible for a hotel to stuff the ballot box as it were, but I would think that the damage to there reputation (if caught) would not be worth the risk.

Hopefully someone can respond who has actually stayed there.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise House Hotel

Hi James

I live in Bath, so haven't actually stayed at this hotel/guest house (but have had overspill guests stay there who really liked it). I doubt if the reviewers are lying/planted.

It's on the south side of town in a quiet residential area (up a hill, but you get a great view of Bath). It's not your "run of the mill" chain hotel - it's a 250 year+ converted house, non-smoking, traditional furnishings etc. It's been around for at least 20 years.

It's often VERY popular, so good luck getting a vacancy

Check out their website: http://www.paradise-house.co.uk/

New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise House Hotel

We Stayed there for two nights in 2005. Two adults two teens. The place is fantastic. Everything done well. Snowy linen, a bathroom I wanted to move into, great breakfast, comfortable bed. The girls' room was smaller that ours, but they were happy as they could walk right outside into the enclosed and beautiful garden.The only downside is that the walk into Bath itself is very steep.

Rebecca NY

Chico
Level Contributor
370 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise House Hotel

In 2002 we stayed in what has to be the BEST B&B of all our trips to the UK, Paradise House in Bath. The main house was built in 1730 and has been beautifully furnished. Our room was #12, which extends into the garden and features a 7-foot 4-poster bed, a jacuzzi tub, and a beautiful view of the garden. Their breakfast was, by far, the best we've ever had at a B&B, esp. the homemade (onsite) croissants. The gardens overlook the entire city of Bath.

We won't be in Bath on our next visit, so I'll have to wait for another time to return (but I could have stayed much longer in this beautiful place).

bath
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise House Hotel

I am a Bath resident but I always rated this B&B.... It's beautiful but the problem is the location... not good for coming back at night unless you take a taxi..

I highly recommend the Town House, which is a fantastic location ( close to the Circus) plus the taste is exquisite!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise House Hotel

I have just come back stayed there 22 june to 24 and you can believe it or not it was very nice and alll the reviews say

7. Re: Paradise House Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, September 04, 2009