We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Bath: Stratford/Warwick?

Washington State...
Level Contributor
371 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Bath: Stratford/Warwick?

Hi all!

My husband and I are going to be in England from August 31st to September 21st. A number of those days are going to be spent in Bath, so we can explore the city thoroughly, as well as take some day trips out.

Of course Avebury and Stonehenge/Salisbury are top on the list. The next places I want to go are Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon. What are your experiences with the rail vs bus services between Bath and Warwick/Stratford?

Also, are there any other day trips you would recommend from Bath? I'd love to know! I spent four days there in 2000, and have been looking forward to returning ever since.

We are staying at the Holly Villa B&B, where I had an excellent time on my previous stay.

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Stonehenge
Stonehenge
11,269 Reviews
Amesbury, UK
Salisbury
Salisbury
Wiltshire, UK
Warwick Castle
Warwick Castle
12,196 Reviews
Warwick, UK
Stratford-upon-Avon
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire, UK
Warwick
Warwick
Warwickshire, UK
Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Bath: Stratford/Warwick?

Travelling by train is better than bus/public transport.

How about hiring a car to see the places of interest??

The places you mention are all excellent, I would also include Oxford and Cambridge, many people say these places are very much alike which they both are (university cities) both have their individual charm.

Chester is in the North of England it is unique a good place to visit with the Roman, Ruins, river, nice shopping area, but maybe you would not want to travel this far.

Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Cambridge
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire, UK
Chester
Chester
Cheshire, UK
England
England