We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Hi.

I'm traveling alone to Bath this June. I'm looking for a B and B or guest house with it all (or all I can afford). So far the places that sounded great are either booked, too far from town to walk, on vacation when I'm going, or in an area where they told me it might be noisy til very late at night. I'd like a place that's friendly, really nice rooms and bathroom, great food, pretty area, etc. A nice addition would be a nice garden or views but that's not a total necessity. I'd prefer one where people eat breakfast togheter around a big table (as I'm traveling alone) but that's not a necessity. The ones that are booked are Chestnuts, Athole House, I believe the Townhouse. BAdminton Villa will be on vacation. I will not have a car, so I don't want it to be too far out. Please help! I don't usually pay these prices, so I want it to be special. Comfortable beds are a must as I have trouble falling asleep. Thank so much.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Depends on your budget & what you are looking for.

Try Apsley House which is mile or 2 from centre of Bath. Nice BB in quietish residential area - opposite Victoria Park. You can walk to Bath probably take 20mins plus - but also on regular bus route to town. You may want taxi on your arival as we had difficulty finding it when driving....although its not too hard to find once you get your bearings.The hosts are very helpful though & can give you much local information.

Prices from approx £55 upwards (some much higher) - selected dates/availability.

Another one try. www.kennard.co.uk more central. £58 per night shared facilities.

www.bathtasburgh.co.uk £75 per night

www.paradise-house.co.uk from £60 - £115 per night.

The info is only a guide - check exactly its what you want first. If your stay is 1 night only over a weekend you may have problem as many have min. 2 night stays.

Let me know if any are suitable or if you need more choices.

These prices seem quite reasonable for Bath area is it now quite expensive unfortunately.

Palm Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Thank you Janner. I am willing to pay up to about L105, but some of the places you mentioned are more than that in the summer. Some others I have contacted are willing to give me a L15 break as I'm traveling alone, or 10 percent. The paradise hotel is above my means for the summer,, and that Tasburgh aslo, I believe. Actually I don't remember if they had no vacancies at the Tas. or too expensive for me. I definitely would like to stay in a smaller place, not a hotel, but a B and B or I think they call them Guest Houses. And not more than a fifteen minute walk. Thanks so much. I'll be there a Monday and Tuesday. I am looking at Number 30, Villa Magdela. I inquired about the Hayden, but I am really getting confused. The Chestnuts, Athole House, Badminton Villa sounded wonderful, but not avaialble. And 3 Abbey Green may be too noisy at night. I have to decide fast (and am getting all anxious as they book up) Thank so much.

Danni/Lin

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

We stayed at Villa Magdela a few years ago and found it perfect for our needs. An easy walk into town and very comfortable rooms and beds. Whilst they don't have communal tables, their breakfast was wonderful.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

We stayed at Villa Magdela a few years ago and found it perfect for our needs. An easy walk into town and very comfortable rooms and beds. Whilst they don't have communal tables, their breakfast was wonderful.

Palm Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Has anyone stayed fairly recently at the Villa Magdala, Cornerways, Number 30, the Cheriton, Hayden, or Crescent (not the Royal Crescent). These are ones that I think are not too far to city center, but not so close it would be noisy. I really wanted to stay at 3 Abbey Green, but being an insomniac, Some of my "requirements are in the other posts I posted. These hotels still have some vacancies. I definitely want a B and B/Guest House experience, not a large hotel or anything like an American hotel experience. Thanks so much for all your help. :)

Danni

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but have you checked the reviews in the Hotels section of the Bath page. Just go to the top of the page and click Hotels if not.

The Villa Magdela should fulfil your requirements for a quiet place as it overlooks a park and is off the main roads. Still a very short walk into the city centre though.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

Danni - buy ear-plugs and stay at Abbey Green - you're right in the centre of town - by the Abbey and Roman Baths - close to the river and gardens..... five minutes walk from theatre, cinema, pubs, fish and chip shops and restaurants...... not far from the station.... all on the flat - no hills to climb home to bed....to taxis to pay for.... what more could you want ?

whatever you decide -hope you have a great time !

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

sorry.... misprint..... NO taxis to pay for !!!!

Palm Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

I'd like to thank everyone for all their help. I think after reviewing you have said, everything and all the suggestions, reading websites, etc. I am leaning toward the Kennard. I'm saving a little money over some other places, and people are saying i should stay as many days as I can. I would have liked to stay at Abbey Green, but I don't know if ear plugs would work, for me or if I could get used to them. (I'm an insomniac and something liek that might really "bug me." (I'm not crazy, really. ggg) My dates were booked at some places, etc. I may ask the places I am considering how many rooms are left (giving me an idea of how much time I have to decide) and buy some ear plugs and try them out at home, seeing if I can stand them. Kennard has reasonable prices and if I stay in a double (they give a nice reduction) I don't have to share a bathroom. (Shall I call it a Loo?) There was one hotel I was seriously considering, but the hilarious hosts have sold it, and it sounds like with the new owner the hospitality has gone downhill. Thank you all so much. My decision is not yet carved in stone, but I need to decide quickly.

10. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay, please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 29, 2009