We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

Southampton...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

Hi,

I am looking for a good value/premium style hotel in Bath for a weekend away - 1 or 2 nights.

Would be after an ensuite room and ideally would like somewhere that offers room service until late/24 hours, has swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room etc.

Would like to include breakfast - poss with the option of being brought to the room?

Pref close to the town centre to walk/short cab ride depeding of the weather in the eve.

Up to around £100 per room if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,261 reviews
from $126.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from $149.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access, Bath...
833 reviews
from $162.98*
$191.70
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
444 reviews
from $99.40*
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

Almost without exception hotels in Bath are max 10 mins from the city centre.

You want rather a lot for a value hotel !

The Bath Spa will offer all of these things, but you would need to look for deals on the net as cheap it ain't. Few hotels offer swimming pool, steam room etc.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

Hi BouncingRupert..... I don't know if you can get a hotel of that kind in Bath itself for that price.... but you can, if you go out a little - so about fifteen to twenty minutes away by car, in a place called Midsomer Norton- you can get a double for... from £100 (one hundred British Pounds) with use of all facilities including spa pool, sporting facilities, swimming pool, golf, broadband, etc.... at :

Centurion Hotel - Charlton Lane, Midsomer Norton, Radstock, Bath, BA3 4BD

T: 01761 417711 F: 01761 418357 E: enquiries@centurionhotel.co

It's a modern built building - not 17th century -nor in the centre of Bath - but if you're looking for country views and those facilities, close to the city - it's not bad.

They also have a bar and a restaurant in the hotel, and there's a wonderful fish 'n chip take-away shop nearby on the main road.....

it's just around twenty minutes by car in the other direction from the cathedral city of Wells too....

Check the reviews on TA hotel reviews for Bath - I've never stayed there (live too close !). Hope you have a good time !

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

Nolana, there are two chipoils on that road, I assume you mean the one furthest south, more or less opposite the garage ? I have never been in, but often drive past and am sorely tempted.

The other one in near the Police station.

If you are down in the South of the county Moore's in Highbridge do a mean piece of cod.....

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

RomanCitizen - I mean the big one - with the big open car park in front - there's some kind of car repair place behind it - accessed through the same front drive-in area. It's on the opposite side of the road from the Centurion hotel heading towards Bath and only just leaving the roundabout where the Centurion is to be found. Very nice large cod or haddock and light batter.... it doesn't have a sit-in restaurant though.

And.... there's one at Hallatrow that's very good too - with its own restaurant.... that's not far from Bath either..... and again, I think it's the only one there.

Bath's chippy in Kingsmead Square is very good too now....and you can sit in the restaurant to eat ...

The other winner - is Winsborough's at Shepton Mallet - on the Fosseway, just at the crossroads with the Frome road, at the traffic lights - near the old Babycham factory (now Matthew Clark's I think). Great fish 'n chips - and also does other types of fish cooking (grilled other sorts of fish etc.) in the restaurant.

Then there's the great one in Glastonbury - I can't remember the name - but I think there's only one there anyway - and it's in the road that runs behind the Market cross....

And... have you tried the fresh scampi in Fishworks, in Green Street, in Bath ? Aaaaah to die for ! Light batter, tender pieces of scampi - melt in the mouth - and you get a large plateful - what a difference from the usual pub dish of six chewy pieces per portion (no chips of course at Fishworks- but you won't miss them ) and the mixed tender green leaf salad is great with it !!!!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

I often drive past that one in Shepton, it's always full, which is a good sign. Trouble is I have usually just eaten, but one day I will stop.

Agree about the one in Hallatrow. Kingsmead always did good fish, but for years the chips were undercooked, a kind of mushy potato. Are they nice and crisp now ?

We had a bad experience at Fishworks years ago, so have not been back: no need to with OneFishTwoFish, that's right up there with the Fish Hopper in Monterey: bit pricey for two cod and chips though !

6. Re: Advice on hotel in bath for the weekend please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 24, 2009