We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

My nephew who lives in Leeds is starting a course at Sheffield Uni and rather than a commute home every weekend he will stay with me at Norton some weekends. He has asked me if I know of any reggae or bassline nights at local pubs, and I can't say I do, its not my thing! I do know the Red Lion has a reggae night once a month but thats all to my knowledge. Are there any more?

Doncaster
Level Contributor
334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

Hi - Barry's Bar at the bottom of London Road might be a good bet (Barry is Jamaican and he certainly used to do reggae nights), wouldn't be too far for him in a taxi I don't think? My cousin discovered it when he was at uni in Sheffield and I know it's popular with students.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

Oh yes Barry's! That could be a good one, only 5 minutes in a taxi and probably a lot more students down there than up here. Thank you.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

there's tonnes of reggae stuff happening in sheffield. live bands like truly apparent, jungle lion, KOG. check out riddimtion nights too. everywhere from cremorne to old berlins. always loads of one off events too.

4. Re: Reggae or bassline nights in Sheffield - out of city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 01, 2015