We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram into Sheffield Centre

Which Sheffield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
114 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Tram into Sheffield Centre

Can anyone tell me if you can get a tram from Meadowhall shopping centre into the centre of Sheffield?. I am visiting on Saturday to see Lionel Richie at Motorpoint Arena but thought while there it would be good to see more of Sheffield than just Meadowhall ( I am staying at Premier Inn Meadowhall). Which stop should I get off at and how long is the journey? - is it expensive and do they run on a regular basis? - I need to be back at the arena by 7.30pm. Thanks for your help.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

Yes the Tram runs Every 10 Mins. For Central Sheffield. Best Stop to Get off. Cathedral. Across Road, Fargate. Then Division Street, Nice Shops on there. Forum, worth a Visit. Enjoy The Concert, and Your Stay in Sheffield.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

I agree with that, Cathedral is a nice central stop for shops although Castle Square is ideal for Market and Tj Hughes.

LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
114 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

Thank you for your replies - very helpful.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

All the information here:

www.supertram.com

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

best to get a dayrider ticket at £3.90 - should take about 15/20 mins from Arena to Cathedral tram stop

6. Re: Tram into Sheffield Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, December 16, 2013