We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

Just looking at different airports & towns to stay in,near to Barrow Hill ,Chesterfield.

Can get cheap flight to East Midlands & perhaps stay in Chesterfield.But its the changing of transport i.e buses/trains that puts me off...have considered hiring a car.There will be 2 adults & a teen.

I am now looking at flying in to Manchester & taking train to Sheffield,but how easy is it to get to Chesterfield from Sheffield ??

We would probably opt to stay in a Premier Inn or a similar hotel.

I would appreciate your input please.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

Sheffield to Chesterfield is a quarter of an hour on the train. There is a Premier Inn and Travelodge in central Sheffield as well as plenty of other hotels.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

Mary

Are you visiting the Railway Centre at Barrow Hill? If you are this is actually in Staveley, Chesterfield. You would need to catch a bus from Chesterfield out to Staveley.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

Thank you for that...there is a courtesy bus from Chesterfield Station to Barrow Hill.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

Barrow Hill, the Home of the Best Beer Festival in the UK. Roll on May !.

5. Re: Sheffield to Barrow Hill,Chesterfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 11, 2013