We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay Near Sheffield Univ.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
309 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay Near Sheffield Univ.

I will be going to Sheffield in April and need to stay near Sheffield University. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions for restaurants, pubs etc. We are "foodies" and love to eat local food rather than hotel fare.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay Near Sheffield Univ.

Let's deal with the food first 'cos Sheffield just gets better at this. Loads of choice - try Ecclesall Road where there's lots to choose from. If you are cash rich try Nonnas, Santinos etc. If less so then get yourself into Uncle Sam's! West Street is also good. You'll be spoilt for choice. Both West St and Eccy Road have a studenty feel but I suppose Eccy Road is a bit classier and used more by the older locals (myself included!) than West Street. There's loads of other restaurants too and the Peak District (easily accessible) has a myriad of county pubs for your Yorkshire Pudds and more! We've got top end restaurants too - just got the chef from The Ivy! We've got great nightclubs too - The Leadmill, Gatecrasher etc. Hotels are not are strong point though but we are getting better. Again, budget is going to count here - we have a new Macdonald in the City Centre (expensive no doubt). You could try the newly refurbishe Psalter Tavern (from £35 ish per night) - in walking distance of Eccy Road roms over quite a nice pub. Hope that helps a bit but come back to me if you need more.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay Near Sheffield Univ.

Probably too late to help you but if you go to Sheffield again try...

The Fulwood Inn Hotel

The Fulwood Inn Hotel

1 Tapton Park Road, Sheffield S10 3FG

Tel: 0114 230 8692 Fax: n/a

Email: reservations@fulwoodinn.com

Web: http://www.fulwoodinn.com/

Rating: Awaiting grading

Room Type: 11 rooms in total. Single, Double, Twin & Family occupancy.

Suites available.

The hotel has been recently converted into a luxury style boutique hotel situated on the west side of Sheffield just 2 miles from the City Centre. The restaurant offers a broad menu to suit every taste whilst the large central bar of the Fulwood Inn is decorated to reflect the elegance of the building itself.

All rooms have ensuite bath and/or shower

Television in all bedrooms

Telephone in all bedrooms

Tea/Coffee making facilities in all bedrooms

Non-smoking bedrooms available

Children welcome

Private parking facilities available

Payment by credit card accepted

Neither good or partial access for wheelchair users