We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Having trouble with Sheffield hotel

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Having trouble with Sheffield hotel

I have been trying for several days to book reservations at the Sheffield Park Hotel but am getting no where. I wanted this hotel as it is south of town, has free parking and a pool. I need a day in Sheffield - but the hotels there have off site parking and the streets are said to be one way and confusing.

It is part of Pedersen Hotels and their fancy web site uses Adobe Flash Player #9 and it keeps crashing my computer. I have a Pentium II with Windows 98 and haven't had trouble with anyone else's email. I have sent two emails on their "Contact Us" before it crashes. It doesn't stay on long enough to book on line.

I tried calling but it came back "that number is engaged but inoperable" I am trying to locate a regular e-mail address direct to the hotel or even a better phone number. I hate to call since we have 8 hours difference and it is expensive to do that. Is there anyone in TA locally in Sheffield that can get through to them and can post a direct email address that doesn't go through the Pedersen hotels web site? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Jean in Seattle Washington USA

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield
Sheffield
South Yorkshire, UK
Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Having trouble with Sheffield hotel

Please ignore this request. I think that I will try elsewhere. I just saw comments on the laterooms.com forums and apparently the lifts seldom work (which I need), the help is bad as is the food. I know it is more - but I guess I will try for the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria.

Jean

2. Re: Help - Having trouble with Sheffield hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 16, 2009