We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blenheim question

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blenheim question

I'm hoping that someone can tell me for sure whether there's a ticket just for visiting the gardens and seeing the outside of the building. I tried to find something on the web, but their site is from 2012. We will be in Oxford in early September 2013 and would like to see the gardens and the building.

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blenheim question

The palace tour and the formal gardens, including Lancelot "Caperbility" Brown's cascade and the Temple of Diana where Winston Churchill proposed to Clemmy are a separate ticket to the vast landscaped vistas also done by Caperbility Brown.

The non-Palace ticket includes the park and the pleasure grounds, maze, butterfly house and stuff but not the best Blenheim has to offer. The house and the best of the gardens can only be seen when one pays full price.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blenheim question

Perhaps?

blenheimpalace.com/assets/…202013.pdf

florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blenheim question

Ah, the 2013 information! Don't why it didn't come up when I googled. Thank you.

Seems curious that a ticket for the gardens excludes the best part of the gardens. I'm just not (very) interested in the house, but I do love splendid outside grounds. I wonder if visiting a place like Hidcote would make more sense.

One more question: As far as grounds (and outside of building) are concerned, do either of you have a preference as to which is more impressive-- Blenheim or Highclere?

Thanks for responses!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blenheim question

Have you checked to see if Highclere's open on the date you're thinking of visiting? Here's a link to 2013 opening times and dates highclerecastle.co.uk/visiting-us/opening-ti…

In response to your question I'd go for Blenheim, but Highclere may have changed since my last visit several years ago..

Edited: 6:33 am, March 08, 2013
Reply to: Blenheim question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock