We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short-term Accommodations

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Short-term Accommodations

I am going to be staying in Oxford for 4 weeks in June 2014. I'll be taking a class in the St. Giles district and would like to be close, or at least have easy public transportation options. Can anyone recommend websites (besides Airbnb) where I might be able to find this type of short-term housing? Or other areas around Oxford that might suit my needs? I am hoping to stick within a budget of around 600-700£.

Any information is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
981 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short-term Accommodations

Take a look at DailyInfo.co.uk.

Oxford is small, so you're unlikely to find anywhere that's very far away. Addresses with postcodes OX1, OX2, OX3 and OX4 are all within easy bus distance of the city centre.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short-term Accommodations

Have you looked at student accommodation? There are listings on here for these under the "speciality" tab of hotels:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186361-Oxford_Oxfo…

and also via:

www.conference-oxford.com/?p=individual_conf

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short-term Accommodations

If you are looking for self contained accomodation you aren't going to make it with that budget. Studio appartments start at about that for long term lets and are in the region of £2-3000pm for short term lets.

maybe the class hosts may have a list of host families you could stay with.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short-term Accommodations

Thank you all for your messages and suggestions! I was able to find accommodations in my budget based on the postal codes as mentioned. I appreciate your feedback and help!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short-term Accommodations

Andrea I live in Oxford. When you gave found a potential place drop me s line and I will give you the full lowdown

6. Re: Short-term Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015