We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals in Oxford

Bombay
Level Contributor
182 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals in Oxford

Hi,

I'd be needing a basic car in Oxford for a day in October to drive to the Cotswolds...

Is there any reputed car rental agency that can be suggested?

Or is it better to go with those international names like Hertz or Avis

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers

Tanya

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
996 reviews
from $82.10*
Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,268 reviews
from $127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day...
93 reviews
from $169.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio and...
Oxford, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals in Oxford

The only rental companies that I am aware of are the 'big ones like Hertz'.

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals in Oxford

I am here in Oxford now and also needed to rent a car for a day to go to Cardiff. There are several car rentals (including Thrifty, National, and Hertz) in the area but I found that the pricing at Hertz in Ferry Hinksey Rd was good. I spoke to Valentina and she found a good deal for us. To get there, take the 300 to George Street (A2) and take the S1 (A3) to Osney Island. Walk down Ferry Hinksey Rd and you will find several rental companies including Hertz at the end.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals in Oxford

Hertz and Europcar both have places in Ferry Hinksey Road and you can get some good prices from either. There is also an Avis car rental opposite the YHA near the station. I'd recommend shopping around for prices then make your choice. All the places mentioned are well located for driving to the Cotswolds as they are on the west side of town, which is the best way out by road.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals in Oxford

I have hired cars from Europcar in Ferry Hinksey many times and always found them to be very good. As someone above said, the S1 bus runs every 15 minutes, and stops very close to the entrance of Ferry Hinksey Road. However, I have heard that they can also meet you at Oxford Station? Maybe worth looking into. I've never hired from them, but Avis are closer to the City Centre. They are located on Abbey Road behind the train station.

5. Re: Car Rentals in Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 11, 2014