We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Park

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
163 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
South Park

Hi I am attending the foodie festival at South Parks this weekend - I am just wondering if I can take the park and ride to the event?

If so which one is best and what route?

Thanks

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: South Park

South Parks is on the Headington Road and the bus from Thornhill P&R passes. It's en route to Seacourt P&R if that's better for your route in

However - I don't know where the entrance to the festival is - it may be the far side of the park and hence a long walk

And Thornhill does tend to fill up fast at least in the week

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
464 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Park

There are usually a few entrances and the walk shouldn't be much at all.

England
Level Contributor
163 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Park

thanks very much

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Park

Just literally walked through South Park 10 minutes ago. They are currently setting up all the tents. It is at the top of the park so far. So Morrell Avenue or Cheney Lane might be the nearest entrance to the event. So you could get off at Oxford Brookes Uni and walk that way, or just get off in St Clements and walk up the hill. Either way its probably a similar distance.

There is limited free all day parking at the top of Morrell Avenue and also on Cheney Lane, but I suspect that this will be a premium space to park this weekend. Also it is worth noting that cars have in the past been broken into on Cheney Lane.

5. Re: South Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 25, 2013