We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BEW
Los angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

hello, I'm traveling to visit my daughter in Oxford the week prior to Easter and will stay two nights in Oxford. I want to be close to the campus and walk, and not pay an arm and leg. No smoking, but I teach art, and the charm of a place is significant to me.

I've never been to England, will visit family In Scotland over Easter, then back home to LA.

Any help is appreciated.

BEW

Oxford,UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

BEW,

This bed and breakfast is very close to the city centre (10 min walk) and in a good location if you fancied to walk along the riverbank and take in the colleges boat houses.

I`m afraid i cant help on what the guest house is like but it is one of closest to the City.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

I didn't see any reviews about it here and, like Monkee, I can only comment on it's location. It's a couple of four floor Victorian terraces knocked into one overlooking some of the college sports fields (hence it's name). There is a park next door with an open air swimming pool (opens in May) and a lake.

The hotel is situated on Abingdon Road which can be busy in the rush hour as it's the main road out of the city southwards. The nearest University colleges are Christ Church and Pembroke which are about 10 minutes walk away over the River Thames.

BEW
Los angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

Monkee & Henneth,

Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like what I am looking for. (Living in LA I hear the sound of the LA Freeways anyway, so I can wait until Scotland for peaceful quiet.).

I can't wait to walk and explore the city and its arts, and to see my daughter there!

Best to you,

BEW

Oxford
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

If your daughter is living in Oxford at the moment I would ask her to go and ask to see a room - it's a perfectly reasonable request which all guesthouses registered with the Tourist Board are obliged to comply with if they have an empty room available to show. She'll be able to report back on whether or not it is suitable for you. There are a few guesthouses on the Abingdon Road charging much the same rate, but of varying quality.

Oxford,UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sportsview Bed and Breakfast

BEW

There are a couple more Guest houses which are a few doors along from the Sportsview either side which IMO are just as good or could be better suited.

1.Newton House.

2.Lakeside.

you can find more info on both here below

oxfordcity.co.uk/oxford/home_accommodation_g…

Get answers to your questions about Oxford
Recent Conversations