We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford Accommodation

Sydney
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Oxford Accommodation

Hi,

Heading to Oxford in late September 2006 for my nephews graduation. Have been told that we must stay in an Oxford Pub as they have so much character. There will be my wife and myself, are there any suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxford Accommodation

Hi, I don't know of any pubs in the centre of Oxford offering good accommodation with the exclusion of the Head of the River (see review by another Trip Advisor member). The Head of the River is very central but it can also be very noisy as it's a busy hostelry.

It just occurred to me that you may also like the Bath Place Hotel, very close to some of the most famous pubs and in delightful surroundings. See reviews.

For accommodation in pubs you would need to look around the surrounding villages but a car is a must.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxford Accommodation

To be honest, I'd be more tempted to stay in a nice hotel and visit the pubs - they are not that brilliant for accomodation and as the other poster says, can be noisy.

I'd agree that Bath Place is nice.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxford Accommodation

Hi,

They have very recently converted Oxford prison into a boutique hotel(Malmaison). Apparently its very central...would certainly be different!

Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oxford Accommodation

I would like to suggest you stay at The Burlington House - one of the nicest and most comfortable bed and breakfast accomodations I have ever been too! It is located in Summertown, but don't let that fool you. It is just a few minutes walk from Oxford City Center. check it out!

Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oxford Accommodation

I would like to suggest you stay at The Burlington House - one of the nicest and most comfortable bed and breakfast accomodations I have ever been too! It is located in Summertown, but don't let that fool you. It is just a few minutes walk from Oxford City Center. check it out!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oxford Accommodation

Does anyone know of furnished apartments in Oxford suitable for a family of five for a medium-term stay, say 8 weeks?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oxford Accommodation

alan2021

I have benn looking in to the same thing. I can't recommend anywhere but if you goggle "apartments oxford" you will find lots of options.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oxford Accommodation

thanks - i have tried most of them. very limited beyond one or two bedrooms (we need at least 3 ... and expensive for anything furnished eg GBP500-600 per week.

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oxford Accommodation

If you can afford it stay at the Old Parsonage. Full of character. Friendly staff. Not quite a pub! Good food. Very central - north end of St.Giles, next to St. Giles church. A less than 5 min. walk to the Ashmolean Museum. Convenient for University Parks and Clarendon St./Walton St.

Oxford,UK
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oxford Accommodation

try this site.

www.dailyinfo.co.uk/unified_adboard.php…

a good list to choose from but i think you will find that prices can/will be rather high.

imo.. have you thought of finding a site where you swap properties (yours for thiers)if you are planning on staying in Oxford for sometime..?