We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to oxford

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
transportation to oxford

i'm arriving to london on 25th of june,2009 and i don't know how to get to oxford :( I have to reach the nabbury road and can you please tell me which transport to take? and which is the cheapers way to get there?

thanks a lot

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to oxford

Which airport are you arriving at?

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
725 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to oxford

Hi

If you are arriving by air into either Heathrow or Gatwick, then your best bet is the airline bus to Oxford:

www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=23

Do you mean 'Banbury Road' in Oxford?

There are regular buses with various numbers. If it is Banbury Road, the best thing to do is head to Magdalen Street (a short walk from Gloucester Green bus station where the airline buses terminate) and get on any bus going to 'Kidlington'. The bus stops are outside Borders and Debenhams.

All Kidlington buses go along Banbury Road.

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to oxford

I have no idea where the 'Nabbury Road' is either - I'd be inclined to think it is Banbury Road too!

As the others have suggested, if you arriving at either Gatwick or Heathrow, then there are regular buses running to Gloucester Green coach station in Oxford centre.

If you are in London itself, rather than one of the airports. I'd suggest taking the Oxford Tube coach from Victoria (coach or rail station).

Once in Oxford, if you want Summertown or beyond up the Banbury Road, you need to take either the 7A bus (for Kidlington) or the 2A/B/C.

If you're not headed that far from town, you can walk (depending upon how much luggage you have), take the bus as above or get a taxi.

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to oxford

oh yeas I've meant Banbury Road :))) thanks you a lot...you helped me so much...it's my firs time in England and I'm so nervous...I'm going to study at Regent Language learning :))

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to oxford

I think I'm arriving in heathrow on terminal 1

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to oxford

and how much does this airline buses cost from heathrow to oxford?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation to oxford

Period return presently costs £25. Full details and timetable here www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=23

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation to oxford

thank you soooo much :)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation to oxford

ninaGeorgia - don't be nervous. I've taken the bus from the airport to the city and it is straightforward and simple. You won't have a problem. Oxford is a great city to live in. You'll love it!

georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation to oxford

Did you take the Airline bus?

I hope I won't get lost there :) and yes I'm sure I will love the city