We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford Experience

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
592 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oxford Experience

Has anyone participated in the Oxford Experience? I just learned about it at a travel fair in LA today, and it's a one-week program where seemingly anybody can take a short course at Oxford and be housed in their residence halls. Has anyone out there heard of this or had any experience with it? It sounds like it'd be great, but it's always good to get multiple opinions.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Oxford Experience

Yes, week 1 of the Oxford Experience was amazing. I had a great time and would encourage anyone thinking of enrolling to do so.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oxford Experience

I am glad you had a good time in Oxford. I was a student there so I always think about it as my special place. Think about the poor students in the winter. There is no heating in that hall (pathetic plug in heaters do NOT do the job). I had some frosty dinners in there in my time!

Feeding is very central to the Oxford experience. They never stop feeding you (plus the accompanying distribution of alcohol as well). I think all students put on weight.

Did they really feed you black pudding like they said in the NY Times article linked on the previous page? Sounds suspicously like something used to torture foreigners. We got cereal and toast from college for breakfast. Few people ever eat black pudding outside hotels (probably because it is gross!)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Oxford Experience

LOL, no black pudding! The breakfast included cereals, toast, fruit, bacon, eggs, sausage, and so on. No kippers or anything like that!

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oxford Experience

My husband and I were so taken with Oxford last week we are thinking of doing the Oxford Experience next year!! (Or maybe 2010.) When do they start letting people register for courses?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Oxford Experience

October is usually when registration opens. Check on the Oxford Experience website for more information in September.

16. Re: Oxford Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 06, 2009