We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Break

St Helens
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Break

I want to take my wife to Oxford for her 40th BD in August. Has anyone any suggestions of nice hotels. We will be bringing our one year old son so a family friendly hotel is a must and somewhere who will provide a cot would be useful.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Eastbourne, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
720 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Break

My Sister-in-law stayed at the Old Parsonage with very young children with no problems. I would expect all the better hotels (Malmaison, Old Bank, Randolph, Four Pillars etc) to be able to accommodate very young children.

Check parking restrictions at any city centre hotel though, if it vital to have your car in the city.

For less expensive options, try any of the hotels between the city and Summertown (Cotswold Lodge, Linton Lodge) or Burlington Guest House.

London
Level Contributor
295 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Break

The Old Parsonage is lovely, but certainly not cheap. The staff there are very obliging in my experience. Why not give them a ring? 01865 310210

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Break

My parents stayed in Burlington House (which a previous poster mentioned), and I thought it was a very good hotel for Oxford, where hotels tend to be small and pricey. The rooms were a good size, well-decorated, and clean, and the staff were very helpful. It's also not too far from the centre, and on a good bus route straight into town. And it has parking. It's a lot cheaper than the majors (Old Parsonage, Malmaison, Bank, etc.)

The other reasonably-priced hotel they've stayed in is the Black Horse on St Clements. That wasn't bad at all and also has a good location, but they found the rooms a bit small.

In general, avoid B&Bs in Iffley and Cowley Road. All the ones I pass look dirty and small.

St Helens
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Break

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will post back any feedback after I decided where to stay.

Oxford
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Break

How about trying the Cotswolds and then coming into Oxford using the Park & Ride System..?

The Bull Hotel in Burford is a lovely location on the Oxfordshire side of the cotswolds and child friendly too.

www.oldbullhotel.com

Regards

6. Re: Weekend Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 24, 2009