We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway to Burford somewhere beautiful to stay

Exeter
5 posts
Save Topic
Romantic getaway to Burford somewhere beautiful to stay

Please could anyone recommend a lovely romantic place to stay in Burford. I have read good and bad things about The Lamb and The Baytree both owned by the same people. Which one would you choose or can you suggest an alternative please.

uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic getaway to Burford somewhere beautiful to stay

I would recommend both of those hotels. I have stayed at the Bay Tree and have eaten in both the BT and the Lamb. In the winter the log fires will be roaring in the bars and libraries and the staff are always very friendly and attentive in both. Another place that does fantastic food and friendly service in Burford is The Angel:

http://www.theangelatburford.co.uk/

This is within easy walking distance of the hotels and would be a good option if you wanted another place to eat. They also have three rooms and I am sure that they would be wonderful hosts. If you are looking for another hotel in the area, then Bibury Court in Bibury may be somewhere to look into. It is on a much grander scale than the others and i have not stayed or eaten there... but it has been recommended to me in the past. Hope this helps and that you have a nice weekend away in the Cotswolds!

2. Re: Romantic getaway to Burford somewhere beautiful to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Burford