We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Nottingham

Dalby
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
London to Nottingham

Hi all.

I am travelling from London to Nottingham for the first day of the cricket. July 10th and leaving after the game July 14th.

I was wondering.

Best website to book a train ticket? is train the best option? How much does a train ticket cost?

The game starts at 10 so would you reccomend that we head down the night before or are there early trains available?

Thanks for your help in advance

Wollaton Hall and Park
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Natural History Museums, Parks
Nottingham trams
Mass Transportation Systems
East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Nottingham

Book on www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk

Journey takes approx 2.5 hours plus journey time to St Pancras and from Nottingham Station to Trent Bridge. If your budget and schedule allows I would consider going up the night before - train tickets are likely to be cheaper and it will make for a more relaxed (and later) start to the day. However, it's a perfectly "do-ble" proposition to do it on the actual morning.

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Nottingham

thetrainline.com/buytickets/…

The train line timetable dosent run up to July yet...but it looks like you will be paying in the region of £60 for selected off-peak returns.

And the journey will take approx 2 hours.

Usually, the earlier in advance you book your ticket, the cheaper it will be. And I agree with GingerChimp...look at the option of arriving the night before and enjoying our city the evening before the match!

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Nottingham

The cheapest walk on return is £57.50 - superoffpeak which has long blackout periods for peak hours. You can buy it on the day and don't need to book

However advance singles - either from www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/tickets-offers/ or

http://uk.megabus.com/default.aspx (includes trains, don't worry)

should give you a saving on that price. 10-12 weeks ahead for East Midland and about 6 weeks ahead for megatrain

Don't use thetrainline - they charge fees

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,838 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Nottingham

Where are you starting from in London?

Dalby
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Nottingham

I'm roughly around Euston square area. So many options thanks for that. We might head up the night before and go from there. Any suggestions of a great hotel then?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Nottingham

What is your budget?

7. Re: London to Nottingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham