We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nottingham fm arena

derbyshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nottingham fm arena

Hiya, Just wondering if anyone has been to a concert here and has been in the standing area.??

I'm taking my daughter to a concert in March and we are standing so i don't know how long before the concert we should start queuing to get as close as possible to the front.

Could anyone give me any advice please. Thanks before hand.!!!

Wollaton Hall and Park
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Natural History Museums, Parks
The Arboretum
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
394 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nottingham fm arena

It doesn't seem like we have much expertise on this question....clearly not many of us go and stand at the Arena! There is lots of general information on the Capital FM arena website and there might be concert specific information there too but it is not obvious where it is!

It is large standing area so I guess that you would not need to be there too early. If you contacted the Arena and found out what time they were opening the doors, I would be surprised if an hour before was not adequate...but I could be very wrong!

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nottingham fm arena

The FM Arena will be no different to anywhere else where there are unreserved standing places. People will head for the front as soon as the doors are open. Get there early, be at the front ish of the queue for when they open and go straight in without messing about in drinks or toilet queues. Get your spot and then, assuming there is more than one of you, sort out drinks, food and toilet runs. The only way to guarantee the spot you want is to be there as early as you can possibly make it - there is no other option. If it was me I'd be there about 30 minutes before the doors open (it'll also depend on who you're seeing).

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nottingham fm arena

I know of a person who went to a concert there standing to see Ed Sheeran, and they arrived about 5.45pm to join the queue to get in, then the doors opened at about 6.45 / 7pm, and they got to the front two rows. As the others have said you have to go straight to your place once in. Another tip for the Arena is that there is a Subway over the road which does much cheaper food and drink than inside the Arena, so I would suggest having something to eat there before going in

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nottingham fm arena

I have been standing quite a few times and not go there earlier but still got to the front. Best way is to stand towards the side and work your way along the edge. When the acts come on people push forward in the middle and it seems to clear the edges. If your daughter is young then I would recommend staying to the edge. I'm a grown adult but the time I was in the middle at the front was horrible - bigger taller people don't have any qualms in squashing smaller shorter people at concerts :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nottingham fm arena

Cloudyrain is right - it can be mad at the front depending on who your seeing. And if one if you needs the toilet then it can be a pain getting out during the gig. I'd stay towards the side and work my way as far forward as possible - you'll still get a good view without all the pushing and shoving.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nottingham fm arena

Ah thanks guys this really helps, Im taking my 13 year old daughter, To see Justin Bieber, I was thinking we would have to queue for hours before the doors opened. So this is good news.

If anyone can add anything else it all helps thanks

derbyshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nottingham fm arena

Got our tickets today. And I rang the arena up to see where we actually wait.

She told me that people start queuing from 5am to get near the front.

Omg !!!! Obviously I want my daughter and myself to get near the front else why wait all day. It just seems really early and a very long day.

Do any of you have any advice to pass the time while waiting in the queue.?

8. Re: Nottingham fm arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 10, 2014