We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Hi there, I was wondering if some-one might be able to give me some advise re accommodation for the Ashes cricket which will be held in Trent Bridge next July . We are 2 families(6 people in all) and we are wanting to stay somewhere nice. ...even in surrounding areas is ok as we will have a car. Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

What is your budget? And do you want to do anything apart from the cricket?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Not too concerned about the budget.....but would like it to be nice...the boys will be off to watch the cricket and the ladies will no doubt want to do some sight seeing....

Nottingham
Level Contributor
111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Try the Premier Apartments - www.premierapartmentsnottingham.com/intl/en/

The advantage of having an apartment over a hotel room, so with kitchen facilities, fridge, living area, etc, centrally located in the city centre with car parking, walking distance from Trent Bridge (20 mins) and good reviews on TripAdvisor

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Fantastic....great idea. Many thanks will look it up now !

Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
385 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Hello there and welcome to the Nottingham Forum.

I am surprised that you are coming all this way to see Australia get beaten at Trent Bridge again but each to their own as we say! I shall be there myself ...to witness the spectacle with my Aussie friend....nothing like beating Aussie's at cricket on a lovely sunny day!

So...I am sure you will enjoy our city it has much to offer. As far as hotels are concerned the City Centre is just 20 minutes walk from the ground as someone has pointed out already. That means that most hotels are "in range". Take a look at the reviews on this site for a few ideas....but make sure they are in the City Centre. We are short of really good upscale hotels if you were thinking of one of those...but plenty of good value alternatives. For a value hotel with easiest access to the ground I would look at the hotels closer to the train station.....Jury's Inn or Premier Inn, Nottingham Arena are the closest. ( 10 minutes away), with an easy 10 minute walk into the city centre, and very close to the train station for a trip out of town or even a day in London.

If you would prefer something more upscale/ full service then Harts might be worth looking at although it is further away ( 20 minutes ish) and Waltons which has good reviews is also close to Harts but you are now 25 minutes walk away from the ground.

Do please ask any more questions that you have and we will try to help.

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

I would go with Jury's Inn. Good value, can walk to the ground from there. And it's right on the edge of the city centre. West Bridgford near trent bridge is nice for bars, coffee shops etc. Day trips to London (2 hours train), Derbyshire, Stratford all within easy reach with a car. Beware no parking at jury's though, but 24 secure parking close by.

Mudgee, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Any ideas how I get tickets?

Have only just been able to confirm trip to England and would die to take my son and hubbie to The Ashes.

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
385 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Yes but I am afraid this is not a very straightforward process. Each county that owns the grounds that the matches are held on sell the tickets separately. This means that you have to go to the website for that county and buy from there. Each ground has different policies and procedures and there is a staged release process which ends up in tickets going on general sale. Here in Nottinghamshire they are not on sale yet....they usually go on sale in November. You should register for email reminders from the county and they will keep you up to date with what is happening. You need to do this because they sell very quickly! The best tickets for the first three days here in Nottingham which has a low capacity ( 15000) will be gone within 24 hours.

The process is not too bad here; there is a short period for members only purchases and then they go on general sale.Other grounds are sometimes more complicated. There are two in London next year, one here ( the first test) and then Manchester and Durham. ( The last of these two I don't think have had Ashes tests for many years in the case of Manchester and ever in the case of Durham)...that isn't the actual order though! for Durham tickets are already on sale.

Here is the schedule

Wed 10-14 July - 1st Investec Ashes Test, Trent Bridge

Thu 18-22 July - 2nd Investec Ashes Test, Lord’s

Thu 1-5 Aug - 3rd Investec Ashes Test, Old Trafford

Fri 9-13 Aug - 4th Investec Ashes Test, Emirates Durham ICG

Wed 21-25 Aug - 5th Investec Ashes Test, The Kia Oval

and here is the latest ticketing information

ecb.co.uk/tickets/…BP.html

I have always got the tickets I have wanted but have usually been on line within 6-8 hours of them going on sale. Some grounds have much larger capacity so it is a bit easier to get tickets for those but you still need to be "on the ball". Trent Bridge is a great place to watch with a fantastic atmosphere when full, which it will be.

There are tickets sold by an Australian based agency but they may only be available with an expensive package. Do not be put off....you will be able to get the tickets but you will need to be organised, patient on the sale day and persistent.

Hope you get the tickets that you want!

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
385 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

Just had a look at Durham and as I thought days 1 -3 are already sold out so that shows the need to be with the process when it starts.

10. Re: Trent Bridge Cricket 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham