We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Hi there, my husband and I used to live in Nottingham and we often return for a short break but tend to stay on Friday or Saturday nights only. This time we're staying at the Lace Market hotel-one of our faves, and as the luscious Saint bar is closed on a Sunday evening we've opted for dinner at Harts followed by some drinks elsewhere. As it'll be a bank holiday Sunday evening we're hoping for a little more 'life' but nowhere appears to be open and the only gigs or shows that weekend are Westlife (ugh!) at the arena or an indoor fesival at Rock City, which is not really our thing.

Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do please? We're hoping to have a few cocktails/glasses of champagne somewhere funky but not rammed, or failing that does anyone know of a club night thats on Sunday 6th May?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Hi there....hmmmm Ive struggled to find much for you for that Sunday evening too!! Not even the comedy clubs have anything on for that night.

I have found a live act on at The Approach though...?

www.theapproachnottingham.com/s_whatson.asp…

If I spot anything else as the weeks go on, I will update you !

nottingham
Level Contributor
80 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Sunday night cocktails/champagne = Saltwater.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Hello.

If you're from Nottingham, you're probably already familiar with these sites, but if not keep checking them as a lot of things are posted as they become available. You may find just what you're looking for.

However, Nottingham has never really been a 'bank holiday party town' so maybe you'll be better off finding yourself a lovely bar somewhere and settle n for a night of champagne and chat with your significant other :).

http://www.leftlion.co.uk/

http://www.itchynottingham.co.uk/

I hope you have a great time revisiting old haunts! Jx

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

Thanks for your help everyone!

5. Re: Sunday (bank holiday) happenings in Nottingham centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 19, 2013