We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capital FM Arena

Ashford, Kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Capital FM Arena

Hi,

Does anybody know the Capital FM Arena well enough to know whether row D is at 'ice' level or higher up the banking than that?

Also, if I get the tram back to the 'park and glide' after the gig, can I get my car out at anytime 24 hours?

Thanks.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capital FM Arena

can I jump in on this thread and ask if this arena is locally based and how the public transport links are, especially late at night.

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capital FM Arena

Hi there-

Capital FM Arena is situated in the center of the City- a short walk (about 5-10mins) from the Market square. Nottingham City Transport, do have 'late night' buses..but it would depend on where you are going to. And the trams run until about 1am.

http://www.thetram.net/pdfs/glide_guide.pdf

http://www.nctx.co.uk/

andykelli- it may be worth you ringing the Arena box office just to check- as the configuration of seats somewhat depends on the show ..but if I remember correctly- Row D is only the 4th row up...so is more likely to be at 'ice level'..rather than up the banking (which always makes me dizzy!!!)

capitalfmarena.com/capital/…2_contact_us

Hope this helps..

Walsall
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capital FM Arena

I am travelling from WAlsall to Nottingham FM Arena in April and wondered if the traffic is very bad leaving the car parks after the concerts. I have never been before. I am used to the LG arena where it takes hours to actually get out of the car park.

I am thinking about staying over ina local hotel just to avoid all the queues of cars trying to get home.

Can anyone advise please.

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capital FM Arena

Hi Julie555.....Thankfully, the Nottingham Arena is nothing like the gridlock that is usual for exiting the LG !!

We were at the LG a fortnight ago..and it took us nearly 2 hours from leaving the gig..to getting on the M42!!!..total madness!

Capital FM Arena is in the center of town..and so many local people will use public transport. There are also quite a few carparks to choose from..so the traffic is more spread out.

The only problem we find in Nottingham when coming out of a concert at any of our venues...is the queue for the car park tickets...this can take half an hour or so when there are a lot of people going back to the carparks at one time (but you get that on a saturday afternoon too!!).

So personally (although we would love you to spend an extra night in our city!!)..I would save your pennies..Im sure you will be on the road home within half an hour or so.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capital FM Arena

I would agree with Tinker23 that staying in a hotel would not be necessary, as the traffic is more spread out afterwards

This car park is about 10 minutes walk from the Arena, and staffed, so we often use it if driving there. Even though it is slightly further to walk to after a show there are usually no queues to pay.

http://www.metrocarparks.com/index.asp

6. Re: Capital FM Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, June 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham