We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking/Night life

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parking/Night life

Good day fellow human beings, I am in Nottingham for both business and pleasure in a few weeks time for a couple of nights, as my hotel doesn't provide car parking space I just wondered if anyone knew of the safest/cheapest place to park for a couple of days? Also as it would be rude not to partake in a refreshing beverage or two whilst in town where are the best places for a good night out. Thanks in advance.

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking/Night life

and which hotel are you gracing with your presence? Then we might be able to suggest close by parking / bars ......

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking/Night life

Indeed that additional information would have been useful. It's the Ibis hotel. Thanks.

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking/Night life

Hello. The Ibis is a good choice, right in the middle of town. There is a car park just opposite, called Fletcher Gate car park, which will cost £16 for 24 hours www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx…

Alternatively, there is some cheaper parking near the train station / on Canal / Curzon street (see link provided) but you would have to walk to the IBIS - between 10 and 20 minutes.

In terms of bars, you might want to try "The Bell" (traditional pub) just off the Market Square, of "the Approach" (sports bar) also just off the market square. Plenty of modern bars around the Hockley area, just try the Pitchers and Piano which is only a couple of minutes walk from the IBIS. Or the "Hogs Head" (traditional, different beers / ales) which is opposite St Mary's Chruch and less than 5 minutes away from the IBIS.

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking/Night life

Thanks, that's very useful.

nottingham
Level Contributor
80 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking/Night life

To G31 The Hogs Head is on Pelham Street not opposite St Mary's Church ?

Edited: 3:04 pm, March 07, 2011
G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking/Night life

Yes, you are quite right - I was thinking of a different "Head" - it is "the Keans Head" Pub I was referring to: www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/site/?page_id=22

7. Re: Parking/Night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham