We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stranded overnight in Nottingham

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stranded overnight in Nottingham

flight/train timetables mean that I'll be stranded at Nottingham station for over 3 hours on a Saturday morning from about 2am.

Is there any where I might go (bar etc), within walking distance, rather than just kipping on a cold bench on the platform ?

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

Oh no, that's not good! Nottingham train station is depressing enough during the day, you really don't want to be there at night time. I am not sure about clubs that open later than 2 am in the city centre .... I think Trantra might be, I will have to check. Can you not avoid this at all by taking different trains or maybe travelling by coach instead?

Edited: 10:39 am, September 09, 2010
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

nope looked at all the options..... and that's the best that I can manage. :(

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

well Tantra night club is the only club I can think of that stay open very late - until 4 am on a Saturday morning. It's been years since I have been so can't really comment on the quality of the club ....http://www.tantrabar.co.uk/

it is within 15 min walk from the train station.

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

actually, I stand corrected. NG1 (Nottingham's gay nightclub number 1) is open until 6 am on a Saturday night. http://www.ng1club.co.uk/

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

Out of interest, where are you coming from and going to that necessitates this - we might have some better suggestions.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

I would try and avoid a night on Nottingham station if you can. You could try giving the Bentinck Hotel next door to the station a ring to see if they will do some sort of deal for a few hours. It really is just a basic pub with rooms,as described in this quote from a website "Bentinck Hotel is a bed and breakfast which has rooms equipped with a TV. They also function as a night club and warmly welcome stag and hen parties. Free parking is also available. The late night bar is for residents use only. " Their phone number is 0115 9580285.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

Cheers for the replies people. Girlfriend has come to the rescue. She's gonna drive down from Manchester to pick me up from the station at 2am.

I don't deserve her .... I really don't.

london
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

you lucky guy, Kippa ... make sure you show her how much you appreciate her !!

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

I am still puzzled - where on earth are you travelling from that means that the closest to Manchester you can get to at 2am is Nottingham Rail Station ? !

Could you get to Derby instead ? at least it would be slightly closer to Manchester.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stranded overnight in Nottingham

Phil .... Flight arrives in Luton just before 11pm. There are 2 northbound trains leaving Luton after this time (no point heading to that London as the last northbound train has long gone).

Now you're right about Derby, that's where the train terminates, but Nottingham is far easier to reach off the M1.

Edited: 3:14 am, September 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham