We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
130 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

I am looking for a hotel or B&B in or near Hexham this Summer. The problem is that we need a triple room and many of the rooms I have found are singles or doubles only. Can you suggest a place in the moderate range in the area?

I really don't want to go all the way into Newcastle--I've already been there before and don't want to deal with all the city traffic.

I have so far found 4 places but want feedback on them or something else that you might have stayed at and enjoyed:

Battlesteads Country Inn

The Station Inn

The County Hotel

Carraw B&B

Thanks so much.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

Our route changed so we didn't stay here last year, but this was on my list. They do have a family room.

www.strand-cottage.co.uk/index.htm

andyellis
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

Carraw Farm is beautiful. It's a little bit out of the way but the owners are lovely and the rooms of such a high standard, they can't be faulted.

You will not be disappointed if you book there and the 3-bed room is huge.

Andrew

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

The Barrasford Arms at Wark is worth looking at - good food, nice rooms. The geirge Hotel at Chollerford can cancel you room at the last minute so beware and avoid

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

I stayed at the County Hotel last month. We booked a twin but the room had 2 twins and a set of bunk beds! (so they can definitely handle your triple) The room was nice, very clean, the beds were not the greatest, but comfortable enough after a day of walking Hadrian's wall. The rate was good and the owners were very nice. The food is Fabulous! If you have the chance have dinner there at least one night. No lift and narrow stairs and hallways.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

This may be too late for you but we have stayed at Carraw B&B and can tell you that it is absolutely wonderful. Can thoroughly recommend it.

6. Re: Hotel or B&B in Hexham or nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hexham
Recent Conversations