We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northumberland Coastal Path

Edinburgh (Scotland)
Level Contributor
224 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Northumberland Coastal Path

My wife and I are planning on walking the Northumberland Coastal Path in April and are looking for tips for accommodation, our plan is

Day 1 Cresswell to Alnmouth

Day 2 Alnmouth to Seahouse

Day 3 Seahouse to Fenwick

Day 4 Fenwick to Berwick,

We are looking for good quality B+B or pubs with accommodation in Creswell, Alnmouth, Seahouse and Fenwick. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Would would also love to stop off at Low Newton but can only find self catering accommodation for more than one night. We are also looking for the accommodation that his close to the coastal path as on most days we are walking a fare distance.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

Hi, what a fantastic time you will have! I can't help you with accommodation in Creswell, but I can with the other places.

In Alnmouth I would suggest the Saddle B&B or the Red Lion, but there's a full list for you to browse here yournorthumberland.co.uk/accommodation/alnmo…

Seahouses, for me it has to be St Cuthbert's House, the owners are really friendly and it's a very special place to stay. A full list to browse yournorthumberland.co.uk/accommodation/seaho…

In Fenwick I'm only aware of one place to stay, it's a very small village. http://www.manorhousefenwick.co.uk/

You might also find this information resource useful with lots of tips and links yournorthumberland.co.uk/things-to-do/walkin…

Edinburgh (Scotland)
Level Contributor
224 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

Thanks NOrthumbrian for the great info, we have booked the Red Lion and the Manor House, we are keeping our options open for Seahouses as there are a lot more options for accommodation there.

Thanks again

Gogs

Edinburgh (Scotland)
Level Contributor
224 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

Just about finished our planning and are looking to catch he train down to Morpeth and then start that day, is a taxi from Morpeth to Cresswell the best opinion to get to the start?

northumbria
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

It will be pretty expensive, although you would need two buses to get from Morpeth to cresswell, you could always get the bus from Morpeth to ashington and taxi from there. I presume you found somewhere to stay in cress well x

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

Myself plus 3 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 11 stayed in the Manor House, Fenwick, Berwick-Upon-Tweed this July. I cannot recommend this B&B too highly. We were made very welcome and everything possible was provided for our comfort. There was a great choice for breakfast including home made jams, fresh fruit and fish. Everything was beautiful and spotlessly clean. It most certainly deserves it's 4 star Tourist Board rating.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

For walkers starting in Cresswell, the best option is to stay at the Plough Inn in Ellington http://www.theploughinn-ellington.co.uk/ . The owner is happy for walkers to leave their car in her car park whilst they walk the Coast Path.

Ellington is pleasant 1 mile walk from the official start at Cresswell.

7. Re: Northumberland Coastal Path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2014