We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging for Alnwick visit with children

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
lodging for Alnwick visit with children

We will be visiting Northumberland for a couple of nights in August with our kids aged 8 and 9. One night we would like to stay near Alnwick gardens. If I had my druthers, we would either have two big beds or much better would be four beds; we wouldn't spend more than about 120 pounds total for however many rooms or beds that would be; breakfast would be good and included; and there would be somewhere outdoors if the kids get rambunctious - like a beach so close they could go without us watching them closely or a park or a play area right there.

I am not so concerned with which town we stay in b/c we will have a car - more concerned with finding a place where we can all 4 have a comfortable night and morning. Walking distance to restaurant is not a must but a BIG plus. Thanks in advance for any advice you will share.

PS I cannot get the Alnwick tourist info website to work - everything else seems to work on the internet for me today but that.

Mentioned in this post
Northumberland
Northumberland
England, UK
Alnwick
Alnwick
Northumberland, UK
north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging for Alnwick visit with children

Just so no one wastes time on this - I did get lodging (Alnwick Lodge, which has a room that has a big bed plus two small so seems a good fit for us) and also got the Alnwick tourist info site to work. Looking forward to our visit!

Mentioned in this post
Alnwick Lodge
Alnwick Lodge
303 Reviews
Alnwick, UK
Alnwick
Alnwick
Northumberland, UK
north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging for Alnwick visit with children

Glad you got sorted - Alnwick Gardens and Castle are both well worth a visit - you can get a ticket for either or both. If doing both you need a long full day to appreciate it fully. Both are good days out on their own as well. Hope the weather is kind to you!

Lou73

Mentioned in this post
Alnwick
Alnwick
Northumberland, UK
3. Re: lodging for Alnwick visit with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Northumberland