We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

cleveland, oh
11 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

can anyone tell me how long will it take me to drive from Inverness to Edinburgh??

Or should i just book a flight????

Also, how far is it from Edinburgh to London?

Thank you!!!!

Greenwich (London)
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

<<< how long will it take me to drive from Inverness to Edinburgh??

Or should i just book a flight????

>>>

It's about 160 miles from Edi to Inverness. I'd allow 4 hours.

If you don't fancy the drive (um, what time of year?) there is a good train service (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk).

<<< how far is it from Edinburgh to London? >>

On the road, using the M1, it's about 450 miles. Allow 12 or 13 hours. Train takes 4 or 5 hours.

Greenwich (London)
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

<< Allow 12 or 13 hours >>

Gibberish - apologies for the brain fade. Allow 6 to 8 hours!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

cbenoit - if you need distances, timings, and route suggestions, your best bet is to look at www.theaa.co.uk and feed the destination and start point into the travel planner - its an excellent took and will give you a map as well as great details and places to stop for refuelling and rest stops.

Inverness to Edinburgh is fairly straightforward weather permitting and mainly undertaken on the A9.

4. Re: Driving from Inverness to Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 27, 2009