We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Hi.

Our 5 day invasion of York is pretty much planned.

Regarding places to eat, I may still have some questions. So far we have been advised, not to miss Il Paradiso del Cibo and Milkshack. We have heard about Betty's . I am not sure we will go there.

Are there any other places( fancy or not) we have to pay a visit while in York?

Thanks. Yuri.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Thank you very much! Plenty of useful info. I didn't know York is so significant gastronomically !

Yuri.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

I have read the blog you have posted. What can I say?! You people do take tea drinking business seriously .

I can't promise we will do all this wonderful places in 5 days, but we will try to do our best!

Let's not forget, while vacating and not driving, one tends to taste some local brands of an ale or a stout, some new name from the World of Scotch maybe.

Last Summer I have met a new friend. His name is Jura Superstition. This Summer I am open to a new acquaintances .

Thank you all. Yuri.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Shalom,

www.kapadokya-restaurant.co.uk/Kapadokya.aspx

note the children's menu.

we ignore seafood, but halal choice.

Edited: 6:40 pm, May 18, 2014
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Thank you very much HodderHobbit! Toda raba!

One of the reasons I was so happy about Mr Chippy was the fact, that my daughter doesn't mix milk and meet. Good Turkish Restaurant is always an option. Israeli kid can always eat hummus with chicken shishlik. This is pretty much what she orders in restaurants here.

Yuri.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
159 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Thanks, Yuri! That's quite a compliment!

I'm just glad I was able to help. Peter R, who commented earlier in this thread, actually called a museum in York for me, so I was trying to do a similar favor for you. :) All the people in York that we met were just as friendly and helpful; we absolutely loved it there.

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful trip. What a great thing you're doing for her! She will never forget these special memories that you are making together.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Thank you Sunrise!

Being a father is the most important thing for me. I don't remember which French philosopher said something about, travel being the best education for young. I share that opinion strongly.

Opening up to another cultures, sceneries, as well as comparing what they are use to with a new, is very developing and self assuring . People on this forum have been very nice and helpful. It is not easy to construct a 5 week long vacation every year, so I use every help I can get. I am almost finished with planning for this Summer. I wish all of us have a nice, restful, fulfilling and memorable vacation. Amen.n

Yuri.

P.S. It was Michelle de Montaigne .

Edited: 9:03 pm, May 18, 2014
Level Contributor
83 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Treat yourself at least once to an awesome Full English breakfast in Meltons Too.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

I know what Full English Breakfast is. What is it so special about Meltons Too's one?

Thank you. Yuri.

Level Contributor
83 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

The black pudding!

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Eateries or coffee shops in York you recommend ?

Uryjm. Thank you for reply. I don't think we are going for breakfast to Melton's Too, since our accommodation at Rose and Crown includes breakfast . Two breakfasts on the row, is too much, even for very good eater like myself. I have googled Melton's Too. It seems they have a good reputation as a place for dinner. I am adding them to my list of York eateries .

Yuri.