We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone traveller to York

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lone traveller to York

I am visiting York soon and was wondering how safe it is for a lone 40 something female to be walking out and about. Also are there any pubs I can go to and not be made uncomfortable being on my own ?

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lone traveller to York

Where I come from ( Nottinghamshire ) they're called a twitchell

Edited: 11:44 am, November 17, 2013
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lone traveller to York

Thanks all for the various terms for alley. Didn't realize there were so many. Very interesting.

I suppose I should say something to the OP, since I took a bit away from her thread. OP, York is very safe. As a mid-forties female, I've never been worried walking around York. In the evenings, it's actually quite pleasant, as the crowds have diminished and you can reallycheck out the wonderful historic buildings and get some great pictures.

13. Re: Lone traveller to York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014