We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in York

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in York

Hi we are renting a house for a weekend in October. Any recommendations for places to eat on Friday and Saturday night in the centre of York would be great. Also places to go for cocktails and then somewhere with live music or music to end the night off.

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in York

What sort if Food do you like? Loads of nice places to eat

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in York

We all like Italian, French and nice pub food. Would like a nice restaurant to eat in on the Saturday night,

Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in York

We went to rustique last time we were there,it's a French restaurant..it was lovely! They do a offer for 3 courses too. It's very central.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in York

Thanks for the recommendation I will definately look at this restaurant.

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in York

Rustique is lovely, but be aware that you only have the table for a set amount of time, think it's a couple of hours and last time we went it felt like they wanted us through as possibe. we had a 3 course meal in an hour, and that included time waiting for them to come and take the order, it wasn't a relaxed enjoyable dining experience

Edited: 12:09 pm, September 06, 2013
Level Contributor
83 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend in York

All the main chain restaurants are in York, Pizza Express, Strada, Prezzo, Bella Italia....

When we go into York we'll generally go into Oscars, Biltomre Grill, Stonegate Yard or Wildes to eat, all being pretty close to one another. Nearby there's also a La Tasca....in fact, just type "restaurant swinegate York" into Google and you'll get a load of options. A big new bar down there, Banyans, will no doubt do cocktails too. Not so sure about live music, I'll leave that for another respondant!

7. Re: Weekend in York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 pm, January 22, 2015
Harrogate
Level Contributor
219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend in York

The Blue Bicycle is a favorite of mine for dining.

There has been a previous thread with details of music venues you might like to have a look for.

Prestwick, Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend in York

Although not within the wall, I can recommend the food in The Dormouse on Shipton Road...it is a mile up the A19 but enjoyable

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekend in York

sorry, but there are many places as good, if not better than the doormouse within the city centre so personally i wouldn't bother making the trip unless you are staying very close by, its just standard pub chain food.

ambiente tapas is really nice and they have loads of different sherrys to try, the go down is lovely - you get very well looked after there. little Italy for a nice, Italian meal. stonegate yard is nice, we prefer it to oscars now. i like lucias and have always had good service and been well looked after, but i know sometimes others have said it can be a bit lacking - they also do nice cocktails

hope this is a help