We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

york in september

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
york in september

Hi all :)

Its my birthday in september (28th) and last year we went to York for the weekend (28th to 30th) and I enjoyed it so much I decided that I would love to go again this year. I had a quick look on booking.com and there's a little orange box at the top of the page saying "York is busy on these dates so our prices may be higher than usual" this hasn't put me off wanting to stay and I'm happy to spend a little extra but I've looked on google and I can't seem to find anything on what's happening in York on those days to make it busy. Any info would be much appreciated.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: york in september

It's the festival of food and drink, should be fun, lots of street food to sample. You can google it and find out more.

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: york in september

Thank you for your fast reply :). I've just had a quick look and it looks great. I should get my booking in quick!

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: york in september

Nice weekend to come, um sure you will enjoy it. The programme gets better every year, lots of info online

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
826 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: york in september

York is known as "The City of Festivals" as there are so many now.... the week before you come up it hosts the biggest Beer Festival in the North on the Knavesmire http://www.yorkbeerfestival.org.uk/2013/

York has its own website dedicated to publicising all the Festivals...

http://www.yorkfestivals.com/

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: york in september

It looks brilliant!! September can't come quick enough! Can anybody recommend which is the best hotel between The Hilton and The Marriott? I'm getting some good prices up for both of them but don't know which one to choose, (I've heard they're both lovely)

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
826 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: york in september

The Marriott is great and overlooks the Racecourse but is 2 miles from the city centre whereas The Hilton is totally central and overlooks Cliffords Tower and is 100m from the river.

You can see The Hilton in the background behind Cliffords Tower on this photo

clash-of-steel.com/gallery/…

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: york in september

Agree with QXZWS in that I'd go with the hilton as you can walk to whereever you want in the centre from there whereas The Marriott is a pretty long walk to get to the centre/or bus/taxi ride.

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: york in september

Thank you, I think ill take your advice and go with the hilton. :)

9. Re: york in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 26, 2014