We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Boothamgardens Guesthouse

We will be visiting York in September and are looking at staying at this guesthouse. So - if the owners are looking please when will we be able to see some pictures on your website. It sounds like you have a really nice place. Thanks.

manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

i will be in York soon and will have a look from outside and try for some pictures for you. i am interested as it sounds to be very different to all the small terraced houses on this road which leads to the football ground.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Thanks for that Jameslad. If you could get some pics that would be great. I see you live in Manchester. I am from Widnes have lived over here in the States now for 7 years... Also, if you know of a good Indian Restaurant in York let me know. Cheers.

York
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

If you want a good Indian go to Jinnah on Micklegate, it is by far one of the best. I work as a Hotel Receptionist in York and send tens of people there each week and they always come back very happy.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Thanks Zippy7 will try that - they have a website and the menu looks good.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Hi

The building has been entered for a National architectural award and as such the architect is paying for prof. photo's in June - I will post these. Our occuppancy rate in April reached 91% - so we have been very busy looking after current guests and have had to neglect some other issues - like marketing.

FLINTSHIRE U K
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

We have just stayed for a long weekend at Bootham Gardens the guest house is first class owners Ian and Anne are very welcoming and helpful Breakfast menu is superb food excellent we will definately stay again next time in York

manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Hi

I have posted a couple of photos on here for you to see. not sure how long before they will show.

I have had a look from outside for you and whilst i can't comment on the interior or service i was a little surprised by the exterior and location. Bootham Crescent is a street of victorian terraced on one side and mainly 30's semis/detached on the other. The bootham gardens is a modern timber clad extension onto an older property which to me is totally out of keeping to everything else around and very squashed in.

The impression from their website is of a property in its own grounds with splendid gardens and that isnt really what it is. The gardens must be on the small side as the street to the rear has yards which back up to this property. i think you can see the rear of the adjacent properties on the pictures.

The bootham gardens is only around 100 yards from York City Football club and a working mens club so could be a bit rowdy at times!!!!!

Having said all of that i am sure that the garden areas are pleasant and that you would be looked after if the 2 reviews are correct.

on the other subject i have eaten at Kings Ransom indian near kings staith which is always good

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

Thanks for the reply and info Jameslad. Don't know what has happened to your photos - I didn't think it took long for them to get on. Still, hopefully soon they will appear. I will keep watching. Also, I think we will try the Indian Restaurant you suggested. Really looking forward to visiting York.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

ames it is a pity that you did not call in - we would have been delighted in showing you round. Two of the garden areas are NOT visible from the front. This property was built on a double plot and a detached house was built on one of the plots (1924). I think to call the purpose built guesthouse an extension is a little unfair. For those who do not know York City FC's latest attendance was about 600 - the majority of whom access the ground via Grovenor Terrace and not Bootham Crescent. As for the club being noisey - never.

10. Re: Boothamgardens Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:36 am, September 01, 2006