We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Grand Central trains ok?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Are Grand Central trains ok?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

I am coming from Edinburgh via East Coast trains. We will stop over in York for one night. Then, we will travel from York to London via train. I have been looking on the East Coast website, and I noticed there is a few non-stop trains during the time I would like to travel. Looking closer, I noticed there are two trains that leave at almost the exact same time (around 10:30 a.m.). One is operated by East Coast, and one is operated by Grand Central. The Grand Central is 15 pounds cheaper, per person. There are two of us travelling, so taking Grand Central would save us 30 pounds. Can anyone comment on the Grand Central trains? Are they similiar to East Coast? I'm not expecting anything fancy, but we will have luggage, so I just wanted to be sure that wouldn't be a problem. I emailed East Coast to ask this question, and they just responded that the food selections would be different.

Thanks so much,

Ashley1245

11. Re: Are Grand Central trains ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 pm, October 21, 2015
Thirsk, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Are Grand Central trains ok?

Grand central are cancelling quite a few services from Thirsk to KX at the moment, almost back to the bd old days of poor service reliability. is this just train failure issues or are they struggling?

13. Re: Are Grand Central trains ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014