We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central b&b for one night

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
central b&b for one night

Hi looking for a b&b for one night stay would like central at reasonable price any ideas

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: central b&b for one night

I'd suggest Heworth Guest House b&b. Located in a heworth a quiet suburb about 15 minutes walk into town.

http://www.yorkcity.co.uk/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: central b&b for one night

Just watch your dates because if it's a "busy" weekend in York (ie if the races are on) then you will be very lucky to find a room in any hotel/B&B just for one night.

We struggled to get one night (Sautrday) a few weeks ago and the races weren't on. We managed to get in at the Four Poster Lodge. Couldn't complain, 10 minutes walk into the centre and the B&B was fine.

If you are going on a weekday, I wouldn't of thought you would have a problem for one night!

Enjoy!

York
Level Contributor
485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: central b&b for one night

I suspect the period of the Mystery Plays (2-28 August) will be a "busy" period as well, especially weekends. I gather they've sold north of 20,000 tickets so far.

Stockton, UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: central b&b for one night

One night B&B stays are hard to find unless you are staying midweek. If it is a midweek stay try the Gillygate pub which is has very affordable rates and it is very close to the city walls.

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
848 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: central b&b for one night

Best "pub" if you want one is Waggon & Horses. Very reasonable B&B prices and also CAMRA pub of the year if you like real ale. Otherwise - there are some good central B&B's off Gillygate - try the Mont Clare.

Edited: 7:19 am, July 30, 2012
6. Re: central b&b for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 14, 2013