We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for wedding anniversary

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for wedding anniversary

hi all my husband and I are stayin in York in Juky for our 1st wedding anniversary which falls on a Sunday.

Can anyone recomend a nice restaurant for either the Sat or Sun night we could eat , needs to be special so not too concerned re costs

thanks in advance for help

x

York
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
826 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for wedding anniversary

There are some good restuarants in York depending on your tastes. Top of the pile is J Bakers - Michelin standard food, intimate layout in central York on the restaurant alley that is Fossgate. It is reasonably priced as well. If you want something a bit more rustic but good - the Meltons Too is down the road over the bridge in Walmgate. Very good indian on Fossgate is Mumbai Lounge - top notch upmarket but less romantic as it is open plan.The 5 star Cedar Court Hotel has a restaurant that is supposed to be excellent but I have never been.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for wedding anniversary

I just love the Blue Bicycle -still romantic after all these years and lots of happy memories as well as delicious food

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for wedding anniversary

meltons on scarcroft road is special

4. Re: Restaurant for wedding anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2013