We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goosewood holiday park

whitley bay
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
goosewood holiday park

has anyone been to this holiday park, photos of lodges with hot tubs look lovely and reasonably priced

Middlesbrough...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: goosewood holiday park

All our family have been many times, love the site, wardens are very friendly, kids love the play park, we all love the fishing, dog loves the walks, always had a great time, Barbara k.

Edited: 5:34 pm, March 10, 2012
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goosewood holiday park

Hi my husband and myself visit goosewood quite often,we love it,very friendly site and Julie and Paul the wardens make you feel so welcome,at the moment they are building swimming baths and a bistro,log cabins overlooking the fishing lake are lovely to,good dog walk threw the forest and they also have a new shower and toilet block,there is a park for children which closes at 9 oclock,we have a tourer and pitches are all hard standing,spacious.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goosewood holiday park

Hi my husband and myself visit goosewood quite often,we love it,very friendly site and Julie and Paul the wardens make you feel so welcome,at the moment they are building swimming baths and a bistro,log cabins overlooking the fishing lake are lovely to,good dog walk threw the forest and they also have a new shower and toilet block,there is a park for children which closes at 9 oclock,we have a tourer and pitches are all hard standing,spacious.

4. Re: goosewood holiday park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, June 29, 2012
Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goosewood holiday park

We have just returned from a weekend break in one of the lodges overlooking the lake and it was fantastic, so good that we have re-booked to go back in November. We would definately recommend it!!!

Kind regards

mandy

Jedburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: goosewood holiday park

hi we r going tomorrow we r in the lodges can you tell me if they have a shower cubicle or shower over bath as my mum is disabled so the bath wood be difficult thanks

Edited: 10:52 am, June 29, 2012
Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: goosewood holiday park

Hi

We stayed in the Laurel VIP Lodges and it was shower cubicles in both the en suite and the bathroom.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Have a great time and let me know what you think when you return.

Take care

Mandy

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: goosewood holiday park

Just got back from a family weekend in the log cabins with hot tubs. We had two of the Laurels VIP's lodges and they are brilliant. This is the 3rd time we have been and can say we always enjoy it and the staff are excellent. I am already booked to go back in two weeks for a relaxing weekend with my husband and a good night out in York is on the cards for the saturday night, then again in March 2013 and also booked for the new year celebrations of 2013/14. This place is brilliant and I woul recommend it to anyone, get booking and you will not regret it.

Kinross
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: goosewood holiday park

I would avoid this park at all costs!! Its terrible!! When we arrived, we were confronted with a pile of bricks and building debris, our luxury gold vip lodge was in actual fact an orange static caravan (seemingly a lodge is just a slightly wider static caravan according to reception ....when did a lodge ever have wheels?!?)or be made of plastic??) with filthy carpets, broken blinds and the wall hung tv was hanging off the wall, bathroom floors were unclean, decking was absolitley filthy and paking space was under a foot of water... nothing luxury or gold vip about the caravan....sorry i mean lodge. The Female member of Staff at reception was extremely rude. the lake is no more than a pond, the park is full of building debris, which is very very dangerous for young children? ruined the holiday for me :-( I have loads of pics Of the lodge and buidling debris around the park, which i will post up later when i figure out how to do so, so you can see for yourself. To their credit, despite the reception staff being rude and unhelpful, the mayfield management eventually refunded us with the full cost of our holiday after admitting they had fallen short of their high standards (thank goodness i had pics as proof!!!) and we found a smashing CLEAN place to stay In. Perhaps i have been spoiled by the high standards of other lodges of equal price, i have stayed in, but this was just a joke!! Check back for photos which i will upload at a later date when i figure out how. but if i were you, i would stay away at all costs!

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: goosewood holiday park

I think you will find that the building work is to upgrade the site with a Bar, Bistro and Swimming Pool opening in March next year. Everytime we have stayed at Goosewood which is at least 4 time the housekeeping of the lodges was brilliant and we could not complain at all and I am a person who goes abroad and will only stay in 4star or above accomodation. What you have to think about is the cost of the lodge compared with the ones on the Hoseasons sites which are around 3 times the price and when I stayed at one in Cornwall last year it was a complete joke and cost £8.00 for a week.