We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a place to stay in york with central location

north east england
5 posts
Save Topic
a place to stay in york with central location

hello im wondering if anyone can help me out, im trying to find a hotel in york which is centrally located but reasonably priced for one night stay in febuary any ideas?

belfast
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

try the galtrees lodge hotel, £80 for a double room, very friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, right beside the Minster. Good website.

York
Level Contributor
485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

The Guy Fawkes hotel couldn't be much more central - right next to the minster - and I understand it's quite reasonable too.

York
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

Elliotts hotel off Bootham is nice & has it's own free car park (not many in centre have that). £60 - £70 a night (per room) and also have 4 posters.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

Don't think you can beat the travelodge for convenience and price. Stayed in many places in York and thought this was the best and excellent vfm

York
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

Try the Abbey Guest House which is right on the riverside - great views and a very short walk to the city centre.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a place to stay in york with central location

I stayed in the youth hostel, which had some double rooms, which were perfectly nice.