We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel in York

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel in York

I am planning a visit to Great Britain next year and have been researching places to stay in York. I have now read the reviews of the Four Seasons Hotel (How could anything with so few rooms be called a hotel anyway?). I have looked at about seven reviews so far and only one of them was written by a person who actually had written reviews for any other establishment anywhere. The other posts were the first ever written by the person. All of the reviews were extremely generic - just how nice the owners were and the breakfasts were terrific. Not a word about what they had for breakfast, a description of the room they stayed in. This sort of discourages me since not only do I have to read reviews of the hotels but I also have to check the reviewers. I do think this number one rating on Trip Advisor may not be warranted and people considering this establishment might want to delve deeper into the reviews.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel in York

Now that I've read all the reviews, I find that the foreign reviewers actually write about the Four Seasons and have descriptions which make me feel that they have been there. The generic ones are all from Great Britain. Am I missing something in the way that the reviews are posted?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel in York

I'm not saying that the reviews are fake but I'm always wary of 'one-time reviewers' who don't contribute in any other way such as to the forums or reviewing other hotels or attractions.

Again, they could be real but I wouldn't like to say either way. Personally, I'd be looking somewhere else. But that's just me.

3. Re: Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel in York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 11, 2009