We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

f.a cup

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
f.a cup

Hello all, could anyone tell me which bar will have the best atmosphere in for tomorrows cup final. thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: f.a cup

We watched England go out of the world cup in Bar 38 which is next to the Pitcher and Piano just off Coney Street. The screens aren't huge (about 40") but some of them are right above some comfy couches so get there early and bag some of them. Brilliant atmosphere (until it came to the penalties of course)

Good bar food there too.

York
Level Contributor
58 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: f.a cup

I can't really help I'm afraid. It's a long time since I last went out and watched football in a bar.

But, I think Bar 38 has now been replaced with a Revolution Vodka Bar (at least, I think that's where it is?) so I'm not sure if they still have the TV screens. You could still try down there of course, they might well be showing it. Enjoy!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: f.a cup

That is a travesty elsiekate! Another individual bar bites the dust in favour of a chain.

Revolution don't show any sports unfortunately.

Second choice would be Bootham Tavern on Bootham then, they will definitely be showing the match.

If you don't like the idea of that I'd try Varsity on Lendal or any of the pubs on Micklegate.

4. Re: f.a cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 01, 2009