We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2018 in York

Manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
13 helpful votes
New Years Eve 2018 in York

I'm after suggestions of what to do on NYE in York. A group of 4 of us (2 couples) have booked to stay the night in the city centre but are yet to book a restaurant/entertainment etc. Any recommendations would be helpful. Do they have a firework display etc? Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
225 reviews
167 helpful votes
1. Re: New Years Eve 2018 in York

York can be fairly low key at new year. Last year seemed busier than previous visits in term of people in pubs etc but it doesn't get as chaotic as the Manchester can.

At 12 the bells ring and many people congretae around the minster.

There will be other events the museum gardens might turn into a winter wonderland again with lights and arty installations but sadly no fireworks in the city centre usually a few went off near the minster last year but probably from a private event

Check out the York tourist information website and that will have a full list of what's on when.

Lucia can be a good choice at new year. You can't book turn up and wait. They have a bar upstairs normally good atmosphere and u can't sit outside if it's warm enough. As barmy as it sounds we've done it a couple of times at nye and it's been good. Nevr waited longer than an hour for a table either. Otherwise if you have a preference book early

Edited: 3:22 pm, September 19, 2018
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
225 reviews
167 helpful votes
2. Re: New Years Eve 2018 in York

Please excuse some of the poor spelling. I'm on my phone. Should have read you can sit outside. Lovely heated courtyard area

Reply to: New Years Eve 2018 in York
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted