We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CHEAP but nice cottage needed

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
CHEAP but nice cottage needed

Hello was wondering if anybody can help me, i am looking to book a cottage for myself and my 10 year old son for 5 nights starting on the tuesday 19th feb this year, it must be close to the harbour and have outside seating areas, only trouble is my budget, i can only pay around £150 (sorry for being cheeky, but thats all i can afford) so if any owners have a cottage thats not being used, please let me know

many, many thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

£150 for all five nights do you mean? I think you are very unlikely to find any cottage at that price in Whitby - you might at a push in Sandsend or Steights but it would be a push... (most places, even cheap ones are £300 for a week)

cheshire, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

yes i did mean £150 for all 5 nights i was just hoping that if anybody had a cottage for my dates that was free they would be willing to let us have it for that price, but many thanks for your reply

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

I think you'll have to do some more legwork, such as googling for cottages, find one with availability, then make them an offer.

You never know, though I'd have thought the cleaning fees, plus heating and lighting, wouldn't make it a worthwhile proposition.

Leyland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

You just might be able to do it! Whitby is very popular and central locations are at a premium but February is defiantly not peak season!

You need to use a site that has a decent range and allows you to contact owners direct, such as www.iknow-yorkshire.co.uk . They are showing 10 cottages with a price of less than £250, some only £200. Phone them up and negotiate!

Scarborough, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

I think you will also struggle wanting to arrive on the Tuesday of 1/2 term, however having said that I have just taken a booking Saturday to Wednesday of that week so now have Wednesday to Saturday to fill, I think last minute on ebay would be your best bet.

cheshire, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

thank u very much, i shall deffo give them a try

7. Re: CHEAP but nice cottage needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Whitby
Recent Conversations