We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

uk
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

Our bus from Heathrow will arrive at the Norwich bus station at 11.35pm on a Thursday night. We are booked into the Premier Inn Duke St.

Could anyone tell us the best way to get to the Premier Inn at this time of night? Are there taxi ranks nearby? or possibly walk- would it be safe? Is ir far?

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

Why not just call the hotel and ask - and also check that they won't have locked up for the night

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,553 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

There is a taxi rank at the bus station. Not sure whether there will be a taxi there that late at night but probably as an airport bus is calling in.

It is walkable but I would not want to walk it with a heavy suitcase

This link gives address and postcode so you can use Google to find the best route.

norfolk.gov.uk/Travel_and_transport/TravelNo…

I feel perfectly safe walking through Norwich at any time.

Bob

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

I agree with Bob - Norwich is safe to walk even late at night. Your walking route does not include any rowdier areas but it is a bit of a hike with luggage. The taxi rank is in Queen Rd outside the "top" end of the bus station or phone one of these companies -

Courtesy Taxi Norwich

Canary Taxi Norwich

Beeline Taxi Norwich

Enterprise Taxis Norwich

Five Star Taxis Norwich

ABC Taxis Norwich

You must let hotel know that you will arrive late - Premier Inn generally have 24 hour reception, but I have heard of people arriving late, and room has been re let. Hotel assume you are not coming - even though you may have prepaid!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

As others have touched on, if your bags are heavy then grab a cab by heading to the rank or calling any of the firms listed by gorby. I like Canary, 01603 414243 as they seem to always have availability even at peak and busy times (which at that time on a Thursday night won't be).

If you are travelling lighter, then just walk it. 10 minutes max I would say. Head out of the bus station the opposite end (so away from the Travelodge) onto Surrey Street and cross over St Stephens Street past Marks & Spencer onto Rampant Horse Street and then onto Gentlemans Walk. Then it is a straight walk past the market and to Exchange Street onto St Andrews Street, cross the road, Duke Street is on your right.

A very safe walk even at that time of night in brightly lit areas.

5. Re: Norwich bus station to Premier Inn Duke Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2015