We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

Which Norwich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

Hi

Please can anyone tell me how far away this hotel is from the main shopping area in Norwich, any supermarkets near and also any pubs/restaurants recommended ? Basically anything you can tell me about this hotel and what's around it within walking distance would be great info lol.

Tourist things not to miss in Norwich ?

Thank you

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

I would estimate ten to fifteen minute walk (at a leisurely pace) to the main shopping area. Nearby is a Morrisons supermarket and a retail park with quite a few shops (Argos, boots, curry's, matalan etc). Round the corner from the hotel where the bridge is over the river, you can take the footpath by the river direct to Riverside leisure complex where you have a cinema, bowling alley, night club and lots of chain restaurants and two pubs.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

Thank you :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

I already did, in your other thread. 15-20 Minutes walk is about right. Chapelfield (the newest mall is about 25 mins) Most of the restaurants in the area are chain restaurants just using frozen food, check out the list I gave your New Years day thread for independents doing good fresh food. Also use the restaurant reviews.

The TripAdvisor attraction reviews would be a good place to start, but if you want some suggestions the 2 Cathedrals are quite beautiful, Elm Hill is an old cobbled street that's very picturesque, if you like shopping then all the big stores are in Chapelfield and Gentleman's Walk, and loads of excellent indies in The Lanes...

Number 25 bus (frequent during daytime) will take you to the centre really quickly if you don't want to walk.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

As I said on your other thread the Holiday Inn Norwich City seems initially to be quite isolated but in truth you are at just one end of the city centre. Think of Lincoln, staying at Brayford Wharf and how the cathedral and castle are located within the city. There is no Steep Hill (phew!!!) but it gives you an indication of where you will be staying.

Others are spot on with their estimates for walking distances. As Aaron has stated there is always the option of the 25 and 25A bus if your feet need a rest which will take you nearly to your hotel.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

In terms of tourist attractions, don't forget the river walk. Criminally ignored by many but now with punting in summer and more frequent boat trips, in colder weather it is still a lovely walk especially around the Pulls Ferry/Cow Tower section with stunning views of Norwich Cathedral.

One of the most picturesque pubs in Norwich is located on the walk, the Red Lion. Unfortunately, not always the best welcome or service but no doubting the location is stunning.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

Thank you for your replies, once again just what I needed and I really appreciate it, Carrow Road has now been booked :)

Ju123 I understand what you mean & thank goodness there's no steep hill lol it's a killer here, just thinking about it gets me out of breath, I normally stop and pretend I'm interested in something in the shops just to have a rest lol

Once again thanks for your replies and help, I've now got all the info I need and look forward to staying in Norwich :)

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
555 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

....and when you,re done with shopping and walking take in an exhibition or a show.

There's always plenty to see and the latest exhibition in the Castle. Call into The Forum in the city centre for craft displays, exhibitions and the BBC activities and for a show try Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at the Theatre Royal or catch a comedian at The Playhouse or a play at the Maddermarket Theatre.

Of course there's alway the football on a Saturday afternoon too.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

Oh yes never thought of that, thank you :)

9. Re: Holiday Inn, Carrow Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 22, 2014